~*~ Oman Sky * ســمــا عُـــمـان ~*~
The Blue Sky Of Peaceful Land Of Beautiful OMAN
Tuesday, July 04, 2006
No Electricity with mighty nighty thoughts !


What happened that the electricity has been cut off for one hour. It's a midnight now. Let me tell you my mighty thought during this hour before it's vanish as usual.

** For first time I went out at night (not by my own will) and gazed at stars again as I always did in my childhood. The stars still the same…nothing change …still shining brightly and give us signs and messages as I thought before….I was happy that gave me a chance to gaze again to this wonderful sky at night with that little diamonds sparkling from the day that God created this universe. No changes… unlike us…people changes…most of us changed and dropped many things.

** During this gazing, I noticed a shadow of some trees on the wall. What a silly imagination. The shadow looked like to me as a woman of the Middle Ages with big dress and unique hairstyle. See, my imagination is huge, productive and creative. So, anything random I see, I can imagine a reasonable picture inside it…once I saw dashes of water on the wall and I imagined like a man face inside this mark. So funny and silly…what I can do…this is me, but try to let you imagination work even once and try to find anything in the random shape….I'm sure you will imagine something reasonable in this randomly thing.

** After that I realized something very important…the new technology has its ugly face. I was really happy in that dim light of the sky without that strong illumination of the man-made lights….this made me feel more calm. The technology is so good and has its benefits, but in the same time its polluted our senses…all senses. The pollution is not only what we see, but there are many types of pollution. Auditory, optical, tangible, gustatory and even psychical. Our eyes now adjusted to these strong and harmed lights while naturally we have to use soft lights. Now, I can't forget TVs and computers radiations….with countless radiations that we face.
It wasn't that hot outside…it was really nice with natural air, not under ACs all the time. it's not healthy to be under ACs all day. We should try to reduce our dependence on these machines. I'm trying myself…I don't switch on AC in my room even in the daytime…because my room is not facing the sun directly and cool air comes from my window…that satisfy me than AC.
Yeah, could be my biggest problem is with my PC. I spend most of my day in front of this monitor…till my eyes started to water. I'm trying my best to put a specific time, but that really useless.


Anyways, even with no electricity the technology kept hunting us… I heard my neighbor's kids playing and screaming for their video games. Besides, each one of my siblings opened his mobile phone and started to play with. I just threw my mobile in my pocket with silent tone and went to walk outside gazing at my dear friend Stars.
posted by Sama Oman @ 7:10 AM  
11 Comments:
  • At July 04, 2006 11:25 AM, Blogger layal said…

    so cooool
    i remebered when it's happen in bahrain 2 years ago the electrcity shutoff for about 20 hours in the holl country
    it was very hot & humdty

     
  • At July 05, 2006 1:16 AM, Blogger Nash said…

    Sama, I read an article from the book, Don't be Sad: Create Sweet from Lemon. Well, I guess thats what you did. :). As for myself, I can't stand being without electricity, not even for a minute.
    I remember once entering my flat in UK, as soon as I flicked a light switch, everything went black. I had to grope my way around the house, it was really really dark. So I had to first get to the kitchen, turn on the cooker to get some light, then took matches and started looking for the circuit breaker, I had no idea where it was, and there was no one to call at that time...

     
  • At July 05, 2006 3:43 AM, Blogger Sama Oman said…

    Layal…I remember that. I think it was difficult time for you.

    Nash…dear…it was not bad for me maybe because I'm here among my family and I know all people around in my country, but in the loneliness could be so difficult and I can't imagine myself alone in flat in other country. Horrible
    *~*

    I think the book you meant here is (Don't Be Sad) for Ayth AlQarni… I have the book and I remember this text.

     
  • At July 06, 2006 4:18 AM, Blogger Sama Oman said…

    Oh Jeff….that's nice. Nice stories you have… See, you can make such interesting blog with all these interesting stories. "The Great Blackout"…Hmmm…NYC looks like Vigas with the strong lights turning the night into daylight (No...I never have been to America… I just watched that on TV). So, sure, it was interesting moment for all of you to see the normal and natural lights of the stars and sky. It's a moment of amusing. Gazing to God Creation.
    Oh…Yes… I didn't notice that HE DID IT. Nice.

    that's Okay...Have a Good Time too dear. we will miss you,but nice to have a break at the beach. ;)

    Balqess...dear...HI...welcome back...Kair Enshallah. Lesh Hal Geba.

     
  • At July 06, 2006 4:22 AM, Blogger نون النساء said…

    :/ we can't see that much of stars like before sama,

    i still remember when i used to sleep in the surface of our house with my dad & mom in spring, the sky was sparkling like a diamond..

    staring in the sky , lie down on the beach , I did not enjoy the nature for quite some time ..




    @@
    it machboos time.. HAVE TO GO
    LOL :p~

    we will Continue grgr later after taking my lunch ..



    :*

     
  • At July 06, 2006 2:26 PM, Blogger Sama Oman said…

    LOOOOOOOOOL
    NON
    you are hilarious girl ;D

    COOL

    machboos

    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

    and you ended with this
    Grgr....word :D

    you are really special.

    Have a nice machboos :D

     
  • At February 03, 2007 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

     
  • At February 15, 2007 2:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    best regards, nice info http://www.meridia-medication.info

     
  • At February 22, 2007 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

     
  • At March 14, 2013 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I every time used to read piece of writing in news papers but now as I am a user of internet thus from now I am using net for posts, thanks to
    web.

    Visit my blog post - unsecured loans

     
  • At August 06, 2020 9:42 AM, Blogger yanmaneee said…

Post a Comment
<< Home
 


   


Free Web Site Counter
Free Web



Palestine Blogs - The Gazette

Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
 
Who Am I ?...

Name:Sama OMAN
Home: Oman
About ME:Seeker for Hope…Seeker for Life…Seeker for my dreams' picture on Warm Oman Sky…Seeker for Happiness treasure on the forgotten Isle….Still A Seeker!!!
More…
Links…
Fellow Blogs…
Previous Post …
Archives…
Sama Shout Box…

Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER